[News] Debian Developers Are Happy, Gentoo Developers Present at LinuxTag

Debian teams survey results

,----[ Quote ]
| As I hoped to find, the vast majority of the respondents said they
| were having fun working on Debian. That's not unexpected, but it's
| nice to confirm this. A few people responded to say "I have fun doing
| Debian work, but would have even more fun doing it if I had more
| time."
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/287975/

Gentoo Monthly Newsletter: 30 June 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| With more than 11,000 visitors, LinuxTag in Berlin is by far the most
| important Linux and Open Source Software show in Europe. As in earlier years,
| Gentoo was again present at the expo after we missed the last two LinuxTag
| expos taking place in Wiesbaden 2006 and Berlin 2007. This year about 10
| developers and other Gentoo enthusiasts (including users from the German
| support channel, #gentoo-anfaenger) helped man the booth. Even some phpBB
| developers showed up.
`----

http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/20080630-newsletter.xml

Recent:

ARM9 board boots Debian in 0.69 seconds

,----[ Quote ]
| Technologic Systems has upgraded the firmware for its quick-booting
| single-board computer (SBC) to make it boot even quicker. Equipped with a
| Marvell 500Mhz ARM9 CPU running Debian Sarge, the TS-7800 can boot Linux
| 2.6.21 from NAND flash in 0.69 seconds, claims Technologic.

10 Reasons to Love Debian

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/05/10-reasons-to-love-debian.html