[News] Microsoft's Linux Sellouts Down from 4 to Just 3!!!

Xandros Acquires Linspire Assets in Secret Backroom Deal

,----[ Quote ]
| To me, this looks like Michael, the "captain" of the Linspire ship, sees the
| boat sinking, so he casually tells the passengers on the ship that he's just
| going on a quick supply run, jumps on the only life boat with any cash and
| valuables, paddles off to safety, and leaves everyone else behind to sink.
| Pathetic.
`----

http://kevincarmony.blogspot.com/2008/06/xandros-acquires-linspire-assets-in.html";

1 down, 3 to go. Thank you, GPLv3.

Eee PC Update- 904/905 to replace 901? Debian to replace Xandros?

,----[ Quote ]
| In another interesting turn of events, Linux Loop is reporting that Asus and
| Debian are working together on a project. There is nothing firm yet but a
| post on the Debian mailing list suggests that the two organizations are
| working together. There is already a DebianEeePC project, so it could just be
| building this out, not outright replacing Xandros, but anything could happen
| at this point. Ubuntu is based on Debian so this could open up a number of
| doors in the future, though it would definitely be a mistake to read too far
| into news like this given how early the talks seem to be.
`----

http://www.geek.com/eee-pc-update-904905-to-replace-901-debian-to-replace-xandros-20080630/

Novell is the only big gorilla which is the most problematic. Turbolinux isn't
too big and the Eee PC feeds ASUS, not Xandros.

The GPLv3 forbids companies (sellouts) like Xandros from doing their plot with
Microsoft.

Recent:

Debian To Replace Xandros on the Eee PC?

,----[ Quote ]
| This message on the Debian Eee PC mailing list reveals that Asus and Debian
| are working together, or at least planning to, on software for the Eee PC.
| This, presumably, means that future versions of the Eee PC could run a
| modified version of Debian, rather than a modified version of Xandros, as
| they currently do.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/06/24/debian-to-replace-xandros-on-the-eee-pc/

Related: