[News] Windows-infected USB Pen Fixed by GNU/Linux

Virus : A paralysed object on GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently I faced two incidents when I had to format my flash drive as it
| would simply refuse to open at all just because it was infected with some
| nasty viruses from my office computers.
|
| [...]
|
| Revenge taken, justice done to the innocent looking little evils, thanks to
| my PCLinuxOS : )
`----

http://saleem-khan.blogspot.com/2008/07/virus-paralysed-object-on-gnulinux.html

Recent:

Linux Desktops: Real Relief for Windows Users

,----[ Quote ]
| In this op/ed article, Andrea describes the pains and pitfalls of the Windows
| OS and offers some candid advice from personal experiences.
`----

http://reallylinux.com/docs/linuxdesktopsbetter.shtml

Debugging Windows crashes with minidumps? Not at Lenovo

,----[ Quote ]
| Like many of you, my copies of Windows XP crash with the now-classic "blue
| screen of death" (BSOD). When this happened a couple times recently to a new
| ThinkCentre A61 tower, I called Lenovo tech support. As the title of this
| posting suggests, it did not go well.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13554_1-9876583-33.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Related:

Parking with Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows.
|
| One can't even park anymore without getting the Blue Screen of Death.
|
| Incidentally, the parking attendant couldn't figure out why I wanted to take
| a picture of the payment machine. For my part, I couldn't figure out why he
| wasn't running a real operating system. :-)
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9805877-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Who Knew... [Musical instruments crash]

,----[ Quote ]
| Who knew that even musical instruments could experience Microsoft’s Blue
| Screen of Death. I didn’t until I went to Seattle’s Experience Music Project
| last week.
`----

http://justinmaier.com/2007/08/22/who-knew/

Trouble Shooting The Blue Screen of Death

,----[ Quote ]
| Fortunately since Windows 2000 this has become less of a common occurrence,
| or so it seemed. Working late last night at a client’s office on a handful
| of problems already, Windows Vista (Brand new machine, only a week old)
| decided to show me otherwise. While copying some vital files to the
| machine, it restarted windows. After a rebooting to the login screen,
| it then repeated the process of halting and restarted, nice!
`----

http://www.terinea.co.uk/blogs/terineatechtips/2007/06/27/trouble-shooting-the-blue-screen-of-death/
http://tinyurl.com/3x7fe3

Would You put Your Life in Vista's Hands?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techdo.com/would-you-put-your-life-in-windows-vistas-hands/