Re: [News] Microsoft faces lawsuit over Silverlight

High Plains Thumper wrote:
Phil Da Lick! wrote:
amicus_curious wrote:
Phil Da Lick! wrote...
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
High Plains Thumper wrote:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-9992580-56.html

[quote] July 16, 2008 12:00 PM PDT, Microsoft faces lawsuit over
Silverlight Posted by Ina Fried

Microsoft's latest legal headache is a suit from a little-known
company called Gotuit Media, which charges elements of Silverlight
infringe on the video metadata company's patented technology.
So proprietary information, patents etc are ok as long as someone is
suing Microsoft for possible infringement....
You Linux loons are total hypocrites.
What a collection of complete idiots.
Speaking of idiots, please point out where in the OP it is mentioned
that "patents etc are ok as long as someone is suing Microsoft".
Why it is simple logic, Phil!  That dipshit only posts stuff negative
about Microsoft

Lie.

and so the only possible implication is that Microsoft is guilty of
another imagined sin against the "little guy".

Lie.

Ergo, the plaintiff is right and Microsoft is wrong.

Right.

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2005/07/14/microsofts-lawsuit-payouts-amount-to-around--9-billion

or http://tinyurl.com/59wley

[quote]
Microsoft's lawsuit payouts amount to around $9 billion
Updated Twice the GDP of Cambodia
By Désiré Athow: Thursday, 14 July 2005, 2:35 PM
* UPDATE Additional material at the end of this article.

MICROSOFT HAS had a long, a very long history of litigation, court orders,
patent infringements and antitrust lawsuits against it since the very
beginning of its history. We;ve managed to draw up a partial list of these.

The surprising thing is not only the number of those lawsuits against
Microsoft - at one time, it had more than 130 pending - but more
importantly, the sheer amount of money it represents.

The Redmond giant has been ordered to pay nearly $9 billion, a figure
which is set to rise with some lawsuits still to be ruled on.

Ouch. I still can't for the life of me figure out why M$ is pro software patent - they did their best stuff when the patent landscape wasn't there.