[News] Red Hat Linux Clone Pending, Another One Released

Oracle Is Indeed Shipping Enterprise Linux 5.2 and Unbreakable Linux Support

,----[ Quote ]
| And, once again, Oracle is reminding me that the product name is Oracle
| Enterprise Linux and that the Unbreakable Linux name only refers to the
| support service for Oracle, RHEL, and presumably CentOS instances if
| customers want to shift from Red Hat Satellite support or CentOS support to
| get their code patched and updated by Oracle instead. I can't seem to get my
| brain wrapped around the idea that Oracle can use the Enterprise Linux name
| in a product. There ought to be a law. And if Red Hat was calling its clone
| of a relational database--if it decided to have one--Red Hat 11g, we'd have
| lawyers all over the trademark and copyright issues relating to the name. But
| I digress. And I am tempted to keep calling the product and the service
| Unbreakable Linux, as my brain seems keen on doing anyway so I can keep it
| straight.
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb071508-story06.html

Concurrent RedHawk Linux 5.1 RTOS

,----[ Quote ]
| Concurrent (NASDAQ:CCUR) recently released version 5.1 of its RedHawk Linux
| real-time operating system. RedHawk Linux is widely used in time-critical
| applications in simulation and training, data acquisition, imaging, financial
| services and process control. RedHawk guarantees that a user-level
| application can respond to an external event in less than 30 microseconds.
`----

http://www.embeddedstar.com/weblog/2008/07/14/redhawk-51/

Related:

X/OS is an undistinguished Red Hat clone

,----[ Quote ]
| X/OS Linux is a distribution built from Red Hat Enterprise Linux sources. Its
| developers claim it was created "to provide a hassle-free enterprise-class
| Linux operating system without usage terms tied to commercial services."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119924

StartCom Enterprise Linux AS-5.0.1

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are into RedHat or CentOS you might want to give this OS a try.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=8370

CentOS 5 Release Next Week

,----[ Quote ]
| CentOS, the most popular freely available Linux distribution based on
| Red Hat's commercial Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), is ready to
| launch CentOS 5 next week.
`----

http://www.technewlogy.com/2007/04/03/centos-5-release-next-week/

Scientific Linux 5.1 - i386 & x86_64