Re: US Patent Syetem Slammed in the Wall Street Journal

> I've become a bit of a fan of Mandriva ever since I installed 2008.1
> on my main PC. Compiz works beautifully out of the box, as well as
> _all_ the hardware. Dual-head too (combined wide screen 24" and
> regular, no sweat for NVidia).

I tried Mandriva One 2007 Spring, and it was brilliant.

http://media.slated.org/albums/content/image/MandrivaOne.png

> And then you read this:
>

> Linux wins Nigerian school desktops back from Microsoft [after
> alleged Microsoft's bribery of official]

Yes, it seems that the stench of corruption was too much even for the
Nigerians to bear.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 21:10:23 up 208 days, 17:45,  3 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.34, 0.30