Re: [News] [Rival] Attacks on Windows to Increase

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

> There are only *two* obvious reasons to use ActiveX, and that's
> because there's no really elegant way otherwise to run Java applets.
> Therefore, the Java runtime instaills itself as an ActiveX control,
> weird-ass crappy classid and all.

Clearly it's not the /only/ way, otherwise how would one run Java
applets on Firefox under GNU/Linux?

> The other one involves Flash and is much the same.

Ditto.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 17:40:46 up 207 days, 14:16,  4 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.33, 0.36