Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Jack Disses Slashdot

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Jack Disses Slashdot
  • From: Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:13:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> | Slashdot's standard nerd hypocrisy is another running gag. Everyone
> | knows that anything related to Apple/Linux/open source is
> | innovative and cool, whereas if Microsoft had done exactly the same
> | thing, it would be evil and monopolistic. Double standards rule.
> `----
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jul/14/slashdot
>
> Jack did a lot of Microsoft praising recently (and denies criticism
> in the comments). He sees nothing wrong with a company that bullies
> and bribes.

Why does a quality media outlet like the Guardian continue to publish
this utter sleaze by Microsoft Jack?

He lashes out at a community that dissents against Microsoft for many
valid and justifiable reasons, both technical and political, and then
claims hypocrisy, seemingly without the ability to understand - or even
acknowledge - the nature of that dissent, presumably because he's either
lying or lacks the intelligence to see past Microsoft propaganda.

> Slime ,slime, slime...

He's the Bill O'Reilly of IT journalism.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 15:13:24 up 207 days, 11:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.25, 0.27