Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

> He was a great writer and a good guy (I left my condolences this
> morning).
>
> You mention an attack on MPlayer. Did you know about his attack on
> Enderle?

Yes. The reason I didn't mention it, is because the Enderlie (sic) shill
is simply not worth mentioning, since he has nothing worthwhile to
contribute to the discussion of Linux, or for that matter anything much
worth contributing to life itself.

For those who may be interested anyway, here's the FUD lecture that
Enderlie (sic) gave at the SCO Forum in 2004 (archived, since the
original has long since been buried):

http://static.slated.org/Enderle_keynote_SCO-Forum2004.html

Joe Barr's understandably belligerent reaction:

http://www.linux.com/articles/38081

And Enderlie's (sic) counter-reaction:

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/35891.html

The cliff notes are that Enderlie (sic) supported SCO and denounced Free
Software users as "idiots" who only support Linux because "it is a cause
and their life lacks one". He also completely failed to understand the
difference between freedom and cost, whilst defending his various
ridiculous claims by asserting that Linux advocates would predictably
describe it as FUD. Barr countered with the observation that Enderlie
(sic) was employing the tactic of "pre-emptive denial", and that Barr
had witnessed similar FUD tactics on CompuServe years earlier, with
a poster that was proved to be a Microsoft shill paid to sabotage OS2.

Anyway, my commiserations to Barr's family.
And a curse on Enderlie (sic) - may he burn in Hell.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 03:34:13 up 205 days, 9 min,  4 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.31, 0.32