[News] Amarok 2.0 Approaches Release

Malina - First alpha release of Amarok 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amarok Team is proud to present the first official alpha release,
| codename Malina, of the upcoming Amarok 2 series. Features available in this
| release outline the feature set of Amarok 2.0 while making a starting point
| in the Amarok 2 journey.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/523

A Simple Guide to Making the Perfect Recording in Audacity

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the things I've been doing lately is making audiobooks (read by yours
| truly) for my novel "The Specimen" that have required me to do some rather
| inventive, but simple tricks to get the best possible recording without
| clicks, pops, pauses, or badly timed content.  But what I am doing is really
| no different than what the professionals do.  So let me show you some of the
| little tricks I've learned that you can use to make that perfectly sounding
| recording each time, every time.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=437

Recent:

One small step for Amarok?

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m very excited to announce that the first Amarok->Cloud transfer has taken
| place. Just moments ago, for the first time ever (as far as I’m aware), a
| track was sent up into the Cloud from a desktop media player, escaping the
| local collection prison. This track shed the chains of limited accessibility,
| and is no longer doomed to obscurity, lost in an sql database in my home
| directory.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/693-One-small-step-for-Amarok.html

Amarok 2: Visual Changelog

,----[ Quote ]
| Amarok multimedia player is one of the best programs of its kind not only for
| Linux but for any operating system nowadays. It has been created as a KDE
| component. Most people hoped to have Amarok 2.0 included in KDE 4.0, which
| hasn’t happened. It’s hard to predict if it finds its way into KDE 4.1
| stable, but it’s still worth taking a look at the current progress of this
| great multimedia player
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/amarok-2-visual-changelog/

Amarok 2 Gets Music Video Support!

,----[ Quote ]
| over the last few days I've been working on a video applet for Amarok 2,
| allowing you to view music videos directly in Amarok's new context view.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/664-Amarok-2-Gets-Music-Video-Support!.html

What Makes Amarok the Most Popular Audio Player on Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| This article lists 7 reasons for which I think this is the most loved audio
| player. I preferred to leave out the more technical ones, and just focus on
| the highlights.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/what-makes-amarok-most-popular-audio.html

Amarok 2 Alpha - An Early Look at What's Going On

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/amarok-2-alpha-early-look-at-whats.html