[News] New Media Server Runs Fedora Linux, FreeIPA Debuts

HD-ready media server runs Fedora Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Next month, Cirgon will announce and ship a Fedora Linux-based media server
| that supports 1080i HD resolution. The Encore offers 320GB, 500GB, and 750GB
| hard drive options, and controls management and playback of music, photos,
| and video for use with an HD-based home theater system.

Fedora's FreeIPA offers identity, security services

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 9, released last month, included the first release of FreeIPA, a new
| free/open source project that comes out of Red Hat with the goal of becoming
| a complete and integrated security information management solution. In this
| article we take a look at exactly what FreeIPA is, both what it can do now
| and what its developers hope it will be capable of in the future. It seems
| destined to become a key feature of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, and with
| Fedora 9 released and FreeIPA tightly integrated, now seems to be the perfect
| time to explore this new technology.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/071008-freeipa.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Recent:

Fedora TV

,----[ Quote ]
| What is it?
|
| A way for our community to easily share video and audio related to Fedora
| with each other - the mechanism we’ve chosen to do this is an RSS feed that
| also exists as a channel in Miro.
`----

http://jonrob.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/fedora-tv/

A New Goal for Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| With the commitment of the AllemaniACs and others from the Fedora community
| the Fedora Robotics SIG was recently founded. It aims to make Fedora fit to
| run on a variety of robots that run (possibly constrained) compatible
| machines and to use Fedora as a development platform for robots. As always in
| Fedora, this is a community effort and all help is greatly appreciated and
| welcomed.
`----

http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/05/20/a-new-goal-for-open-source/

Hands on: The changing face of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu may be the most popular desktop distribution, but Fedora support is
| strong
`----

http://www.whatpc.co.uk/personal-computer-world/features/2216901/hands-changing-face-fedora

Fedora goes to a community-dominated board

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the Fedora Board originally formed in 2006, the Fedora Project has
| changed quite a bit.  We now have about two-thirds of our packages
| maintained by volunteer community members.  Our technical steering
| committee, FESCo, is made up of a roughly even mix of volunteers and Red
| Hat employees.  This community has developed and enforced its own high
| standards and done it in an open and transparent fashion in the best
| tradition of open source.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/279059/

Top 4 New Feature Proposed for Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/07/09/top-4-new-feature-proposed-for-fedora-10/
http://tinyurl.com/67lrf6