Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

> I'm already on fluxbox, but, like XFce, will keep using GTK.

I use Fluxbox on one of the servers. I like XFce, but I'm trying to make
a clean break from Gnome, including GTK, so that means moving to
something completely new, or just sticking with KDE.

I'm beginning to realise how much more in tune with my ideals KDE is
than I initially imagined, after revisiting some old stories about the
time they shut down the Website in protest over software patents. It's
been quite a roll reversal for KDE, what with them being the big bad
that used the (then) proprietary Qt, and Gnome being the "heroes" who
saved us all from non-Free enslavement. Now look where Gnome is.

> I wonder what Stallman thinks of all this.

Like me, he's probably immensely relieved we have /choice/.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 21:49:14 up 203 days, 18:24,  4 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.28, 0.45