[News] [Rival] Yahoo Won't Talk to Abusive Convicted Monopolist

Yahoo CEO says not likely to meet with Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| But Yahoo CEO Jerry Yang, while walking in the lobby of the venue for the
| Allen & Co conference in Sun Valley, only said "I don't think so" when asked
| by Reuters if he had plans to link up with Microsoft executives while there.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSWEN662220080710

Yahoo sups with key shareholder in Sun Valley

,----[ Quote ]
| Brin’s presence was of particular note, given the search deal Yahoo agreed
| with Google after failing to agree a purchase by Microsoft.
`----

http://blogs.ft.com/techblog/2008/07/yahoo-sups-with-key-shareholder-in-sun-valley/

Yesterday:

Microsoft Crosses A Line

,----[ Quote ]
| Just as I criticized Yahoo for not quickly accepting Microsoft's offer in
| early February before the mass executive exodus and destruction of
| shareholder value, I now point the finger at Microsoft. Yahoo is standing at
| the alter waiting for you to say "I do," Microsoft. Time to put up or shut
| up.
|
| I'm all for a merger. But I won't stand by quietly while Microsoft destroys
| what's left of Yahoo just because it can.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/08/AR2008070800929.html

Yang accuses Microsoft of 'trying to destabilize' Yahoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo founder and chief executive Jerry Yang accused Microsoft of trying to
| destabilize Yahoo with no genuine intent to buy the company, the Wall Street
| Journal reported Wednesday.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hxoeN1H25zXb_mPNde3sv-xsPstQ

Recent:

Is Microsoft Aura Fading?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday's early relief rally reversed, and Microsoft's value has now fallen
| by more than $30 billion since it unveiled its bid for Yahoo on February 1.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121004447596669953.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Microsoft cops to talking with Icahn on Yahoo

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/06/microsoft-talki.html