[News] Linux Supports More Hardware (GPL Drivers), 2008.6 Discussed

HighPoint Technologies RocketRAID 3120

,----[ Quote ]
| With their GPL driver recently incorporated in to the Linux kernel, BIOSLEVEL
| looks at the RocketRAID 3120 and how well supported it is in Linux.
`----

http://www.bioslevel.com/index.php/reviews/aid/1217410219

In-depth insights: Information from the Ottawa Linux Symposium (OLS) 2008
presentations

,----[ Quote ]
| A range of background information around current and future developements in
| the Linux kernel have been made available in the PDF versions of the
| presentations recently given at the OLS. Users interested in the Linux kernel
| and its environment can, for example, find a good overview of the current
| development of the Wifi subsystem and details about several improvements to
| the ACPI subsystem currently in progress. Security-related issues,
| virtualisation, and regression and performance testing are also among the
| presented topics
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/In-depth-insights-Linux-information-from-the-OLS--/features/111217

Kernel Log: First release candidate concludes the hot development phase of
2.6.27

,----[ Quote ]
| With the release of Linux 2.6.27-rc1, Linus Torvalds has concluded the first
| phase (merge window) of the current development cycle and has integrated all
| the major changes for Linux version 2.6.27, which is expected for release
| towards the end of September. Therefore, all major improvements of the next
| kernel version are now already included in the source code management system
| of the main development branch and in the first release candidate of 2.6.27.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Kernel-Log-First-release-candidate-concludes-the-hot-development-phase-of-2-6-27--/news/111218

Recent:

Position Statement on Linux Kernel Modules

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/lkm_position_statement.html