[News] PCLinuxOS Radically Simple to Use

PCLinuxOS: Definitely “Radically Simple”

,----[ Quote ]
| What impressed me the most about PCLinuxOS is its lack of pretension. The
| creators of PCLinuxOS know their audience is a wide cross section and know
| how  to present their wares to that audience without being insulting or
| coming across as “better than the rest.” PCLinuxOS is a simple-to-use
| operating  system that makes the user forget that it’s there. And isn’t that
| the whole point of an operating system - to bridge the gap between the user
| and the hardware and make the work seamless? Well that’s exactly what
| PCLinuxOS does best: Seamless.
|
| I highly recommend this distribution to pretty much anyone. If you have
| people you’re hoping to win over to Linux this might be your go-to OS. If you
| have hardware that other distributions don’t seem to like, again, this might
| be your OS. Give PCLinuxOS a try. It really is “radically simple.”
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=246

What has Grandma go[t] to do with it?

,----[ Quote ]
| All these arguments you see around the internet regarding the ease of use for
| [insert operating system here] seem to gravitate down to how easily it can be
| used by Grandma. Invariably someone brings out that their Grandma has been
| using it while another counters with problems that their Grandma gave up on.
|
| [...]
|
| By presenting your arguments in a factual way you can easily prove, to
| yourself and to others, which is the better system. You can show usability
| studies, work flow cases or technical advantages. In this manner you have a
| much better chance of reaching someone and having a true meeting of the minds
| instead of just butting heads like rutting mountain goats.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/what-has-grandma-go-to-do-with-it-26245

Recent:

PCLinuxOS 2007.1 to Hit the Linux Desktop World Followed by PCLinuxOS 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Good news to Linux Desktop Users! Tex and Ripper Gang will offer PCLinuxOS
| 2007.1 soon followed by PCLinuxOS 2008. Now no more downloading of more than
| 400MB software after installing PCLinuxOS 2007.
`----

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2008/07/pclinuxos-20071-to-hit-linux-desktop.html

82 year old runs PCLinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]