Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Zune is Nearly Dead, Microsoft Lies

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Sinister Midget
<fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:52:49 -0500
<17v1m5-n1c.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 2008-07-28, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> On 2008-07-28, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

>>> I doubt it. How many pet rocks are in demand these days? AFAIK you
>>> can't buy those any more either. The pet rock will be more in demand
>>> than the Zune in a few years.
>>
>> I dunno.  They might come up with a "Chia Zune".
>
> That might be just enough to get it to have a small comeback, like the
> Cabbage Patch dolls did for about 3 days.

Somehow, I avoided both of those fads, though I did receive
a Chia Pet as a gift (which I never got around to unpacking
and watering, so the seeds are probably all dead by now).

Mind you, at least with a Chia Zune one might be able to
transfer the IP (grass seedlings) and have them last for
more than 3 days....

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.