News] [Rival] Microsoft's Sam Ramji Screwing a Porcupine at ORLY Conference?

Microsoft: Not worried about open source patents

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the funniest exchanges between Ramji and the OSCON audience was the
| following:
|
|     "Do you feel like you're screwing a porcupine and you're one prick
|     against thousands?" the OSCON audience member asked Ramji.
|
| Ramji politely replied:
|
|     "It takes time to change and I knew that I'd be unpopular when I took
|     this job...
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/07/microsoft-not-worried-about-op.html

Bill Hilf ran away to be replaced by another patent terrorists Representative
that smiles and takes notes.

Open source conference. They have /PHOTOS/. But you need Adobe Flash... Photos
that require proprietary binaries. Tim wrote this about Microsoft:

What Microsoft can do for Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| As to the DMCA and so-called Trusted Computing, I think that the SE Linux
| project has made it pretty clear that one can build a secure operating system
| without resorting to secrets at the implementation or interoperability level.
`----

http://www.opensource.org/node/352

He's asking Microsoft to help abolish software patents. That's like asking
Ballmer to fast for 12 hours. "Never let them see you sweat[y]..."

"The collaborative, massively distributed development process behind the
Internet and Open Source projects is not your enemy. It is your friend, the
source of basic research that you can turn into your next generation of
products."

                --Tim O’Reilly

Yesterday:

Microsoft and Apache