Re: How I got a Windows Vista refund from HP

> Wow!  A lot of work, but he got back /$200/ for his efforts.  Did the
> operating system really comprise /one-third/ of the cost of the
> computer?

As Roy suggested, it's only around $50, but HP just wanted to "get rid"
of the guy.

IOW there clearly is not a well established procedure in place to deal
with the likelihood that someone will ask for a refund, even though by
their actions (and the EULA) they admit that they are responsible for
providing one on demand. At best this is sheer arrogance on the part of
Microsoft and their "partners", and at worse it's a pretty obvious scam.

There /should/ be a formalised procedure for refunds, they /should/ make
it easy for their customers, and they /should/ be up-front and explain
those procedures, so their customers are aware of them.

IIRC Iomega were taken to task over a similar issue years ago ... it's
about time Microsoft and their "partners" were also.

> That's quite a hefty Microsoft Tax®  All hail Caesar!

It's not far short of imperial rule, given that congress worships Billy
Buttcrust like a God. At the very least Microsoft has perverted certain
elements of democracy to be more like an oligarchy, and I'm sure they'd
more than welcome a total conversion of democracy to corporate fascism.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| GPL: You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap.
|      I know my rights.
|      I want my phone call.
| DRM: Tell me, what good is a phone call ...
|      if you're unable to speak?

 20:39:12 up 217 days, 17:14,  4 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.28, 0.31