[News] Mr. JBoss Starts New OS/Free Software Project

Marc Fleury starts an open-source home automation project

,----[ Quote ]
| It's good to see Marc Fleury go public with his new project, an open-source
| home automation project (not yet a company) called OpenRemote. We had talked
| about it back at Open Source Goat Rodeo 2008, but he seemed to be taking his
| time to actually release something.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9999149-16.html

Another figure from the early days... of Canonical:

Silber runs Canonical while Shuttleworth runs around (video)

,----[ Quote ]
| The panel specifically solicited comments from site owners who had chosen not
| to implement OpenID -- including Leah Culver of Pownce, who evoked laughs and
| a brief round of applause when she recalled that OpenID was originally
| designed to solve the problem of registering to leave blog comments. For that
| task, she suggested, it might not be worth the hassle. "Is it really so
| fucking onerous to remember your password?"
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/142665

Related:

JBoss' Fleury Comes Out Swinging at Microsoft, Oracle

,----[ Snippet ]
| "Our position here is that the reason that Linux has gotten
| such wide adoption and continues to grow so fast is because of the
| vibrancy of the open-source community, and we think that Red Hat's
| commitment to the open-source innovation model is what's driven our
| leadership. So the notion of putting a tax on open-source innovation
| is something we don't consider an acceptable option."
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2061579,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

We haven't heard the last of Marc Fleury

,----[ Quote ]