[News] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.7 is Released

Red Hat issues Enterprise Linux 4.7

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has released the seventh revision of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4,
| RHEL4 for short, which is aimed at corporate customers. The release contains
| large number of bug fixes and a lot of small improvements. In line with RHEL
| 5.2, RHEL 4.7 now uses Firefox 3. RHEL 4.7 also provides "para-virtualized"
| drivers. These drivers allow RHEL 4.7, when running as a guest in a
| paravirtualized environment as such as Xen, to access the virtualised
| hardware without any emulation. This in turn increases I/O throughput and
| reduces the load on the CPU.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/news/Red-Hat-issues-Enterprise-Linux-4-7--/111176

High-end Fedora (derivative) box with everything preinstalled:

YDL PowerStation Ships with ATI X1650 Graphics Card

,----[ Quote ]
| Available exclusively from Terra Soft Solutions, the YDL PowerStation offers
| four 2.5GHz IBM 970MP cores, up to 32GB RAM, dual Gigabit ethernet, four USB
| ports, integrated ultra-fast SAS with 4 hot-swap bays, and both PCI-E and
| PCI-X slots.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10758.html

Recent:

Quad-core PowerPC workstation runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Terra Soft Solutions announced a development workstation billed as the heir
| to the Apple PowerMac G5 Quad, except more open. The Yellow Dog Linux (YDL)
| PowerStation offers four PowerPC cores clocked at 2.5GHz, up to 32GB RAM, and
| four bays for serially attached SCSI (SAS) drives.

iContact’s co-founders, Red Hat’s Szulik take home E&Y entrepreneur awards

,----[ Quote ]
| Aaron Houghton and Ryan Allis, co-founders of e-mail marketing firm iContact,
| and Matthew Szulik, chairman of Linux software developer Red Hat, took home
| Ernst & Young Entrepreneurs of the Year for the Carolinas Thursday night.
`----

http://www.localtechwire.com/business/local_tech_wire/news/story/3037979/

Related:

Red Hat Named #1 IT Vendor To Do Business With By Customers In Japan

,----[ Quote ]

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070813/20070813005033.html?.v=1