[News] Debian 5.0 (Lenny) Coming Soon

Debian looks to launch lenny in Sept.

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian project's maintainer, Luk Claes, announced in an email Saturday
| that he will freeze the "testing" or "Lenny" tree, in preparation for a new
| stable release of Debian Linux. On Claes's checklist for September
| 2008: "Release lenny!"

Debian maintainer calls for embedded input

,----[ Quote ]
| With the next version of Debian frozen for release in September, eight of its
| 12 architectures risk exclusion.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7937579237.html?kc=rss

Recent:

Debian celebrates 15-year legacy

,----[ Quote ]
| Debian, arguably the most important Linux distribution, is readying to
| celebrate its 15th birthday on August 16.
|
| While a respected and widely-used Linux distribution in its own right, Debian
| has, over the 15 years, also been widely used as the base for numerous other
| Linux distributions, including the popular Ubuntu distribution created by
| South African entrepreneur, Mark Shuttleworth.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2662

Deploying KDE [on Debian GNU/Linux] to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]
| By the end of this year 29,000 labs serving some 32,000,000 students will be
| fully deployed and in active use.
|
| By the end of next year (2009) those numbers will have swelled to 53,000 labs
| serving some 52,000,000 students.
`----

http://aseigo.blogsp

Debian packages for KDE 4.1, KOffice alpha9 and more

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ekaia.org/blog/2008/07/19/debian-packages-for-kde-41-koffice-alpha9-and-more/