[News] Reviews of Consonance, SuperTux

Consonance: A lightweight GTK+ music player

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the members of the Arch Linux forums has been developing a new music
| manager that is advertised as being fast and lightweight. I have been
| following this thread for a couple of months and decided it is mature enough
| to try. Tonight I had some time on my hands so I compiled the svn version
| from the AUR (Arch User Repository). If you don't use Arch Linux, the source
| is also available at SourceForge.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=442

SuperTux, the Greatest Linux Game of All Time

,----[ Quote ]
| If you ask my 3 year old son what's his favorite Linux game of all time, he
| would start hopping and say SuperTux in a loud and superhero-like voice.
|
| [...]
|
| SuperTux is a highly addictive game that both young and old can truly enjoy.
| Kids will love it for its colorful graphics, easy game controls, and super
| cute penguin. The not-so-old will like SuperTux for its fast-paced action,
| secret levels, and super cute penguin. So why wait? Fire up that package
| manager of yours and go get SuperTux now!
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/07/supertux-greatest-linux-game-of-all.html

Related:

Commercial Games In Linux...

,----[ Quote ]
| So I’ve decided to compile a list of non-free games for Linux. These are just
| a few that I have personally came across, and in no particular order, are
| just here to prove that there is a small, but growing market for Linux games.
`----

http://techystuff.info/?p=80

Top Ubuntu Games

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are the best games I have found that you can play on Ubuntu.
`----

http://linandwin.wordpress.com/2007/07/22/top-ubuntu-games/

linuX-gamers.net live 0.9.1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The next release candidate of the linuX-gamers.net live-DVD is available,
| the changes are:
|
| [...]
|
|     * Nvidia driver can be easily installed when the video card was
|       not detected correctly
|     * Speedup of reading data from DVD
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2219

Mandriva teams up with TransGaming to release gaming-enhanced MandrivaLinux
2007

,----[ Quote ]
| TransGaming Inc., a leading developer of software portability products
| for the electronic entertainment industry, announced today that
| MandrivaLinux 2007 will include direct integration of their Cedega
| portability engine along with Empire Interactive's popular game FlatOut.
| This OEM agreement brings the thrill of electronic entertainment to
| Mandriva's growing Linux user-base.
|
| The combination of Cedega and FlatOut is seamlessly integrated within
| the MandrivaLinux 2007 installer, giving Linux users access to top tier
| titles as part of the operating system, while also allowing them to play
| hundreds more games, right out of the box. In addition to FlatOut, users
| will be able to play blockbuster titles with Cedega such as Battlefield
| 2, World of WarCraft, Civilization IV, Need for Speed: Most Wanted,
| Madden 2006 and more.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2006/sep/28/mandriva_teams_up_with_transgaming_to_release_gaming_enhanced_mandrivalinux_2007

Linux gaming, part two: strategy games

,----[ Quote ]
| Along the years, many commercial games have found their way to Linux too,
| even in limited numbers. Open source strategy games presented here
| still present only the tip of the iceberg, as there are many other
|  strategy game projects out there for Linux. Happypenguin.org, a
| fine source for Linux gaming news, alone lists 151 games in the
| strategy category.
`----

http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/06/19/linux-gaming-part-two-strategy-games/

Free Open Source Gaming