[News] Free Software Development Method Still Favoured

Open source still the best way to develop software

,----[ Quote ]
| The Many Eyes approach isn't broken. It just needs to be taken for what it
| really is, just an excellent, but not miraculous, way of fixing software.
| With platforms like Launchpad making it more effective and security bug
| checking software, we can expect to see better, more secure open-source
| programs. Software, I might add, that I expect will continue to be better
| than its closed-source counterparts.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/open_source_still_the_best_way_to_develop_software

Canonical hippies spread Ubuntu Launchpad love

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical, Ubuntu's commercial sponsor, next week plans a major update to its
| massive code hosting and project management platform Launchpad.
|
| Version 2.0 will introduce improved support for third-party application
| lifecycle tools used to find, report and fix bugs in Ubuntu - plus the
| applications and 6,000 projects in the ecosystem around it. Canonical has
| been talking up the new service at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention
| (OSCON).
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/22/ubuntu_next_launchpad/

Recent:

Launchpad: Ubuntu backer seeks open-source collaboration

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux backer Canonical has launched a beta version of its Launchpad
| service, part of an effort to make open-source programming methods a better
| match for Microsoft. Launchpad was founded to run the Ubuntu project, but
| it's now open to other projects. Three such projects — Zope, SilvaCMS and
| Jokosher — are hosted there now.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/press/en/launchpad007

Rethinking Gobuntu [and Launchpad to Possibly Pick AGPLv3]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/gobuntu-devel/2008-April/000698.html