Re: [News] Linux Visual Effects Surpass Competition

____/ Ben on Tuesday 22 July 2008 18:50 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> Can you explain how Compiz improves your productivity?

One example (since the Munchkins make fun of the cube): if I invoke an action
in desktop 2 which affects desktop 1, then I want to take a peek at desktop 1
while still focusing on desktop 2. It's then that I can tilt the cube just
slightly to take a glimpse at desktop 1, without leaving desktop 2.

And that's just one example. By the way, Compiz is very multi-head-aware, which
is impressive. Scale gestures at screen corners is another handy feature.
Window previews remind me of what KasBar achieved over 5 years ago. I no
longer need KPager, so there's more screen space, too.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
Tasks: 149 total,   1 running, 148 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie