Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

Verily I say unto thee, that joevan spake thusly:
> Ben wrote:

>> And a million other "businesses" over time and across many
>> different countries which have been equally exploitative and
>> unethical.

Yes, however few of those other businesses are a direct threat to the
subject matter of this group.

If I was a farmer, I might be inclined to complain about corruption in
the supermarket business, but since I'm not, and in fact have more
interest in computing than turnips, I'm more inclined to complain about
the subset of corporate corruption pertinent to that interest.

> You should read the book "Rats in the Grain", which is about the
> supermarket to the world company, and it controls everything you eat
>  world wide. MS is nothing compared to it -- nothing.

Wal-Mart is probably a far more corrupt corporation than Microsoft, and
yes I care about that too, but not in this group (except on the few
occasions where Wal-Mart and Linux intersect).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5774892958354867332&q=supermarket+secrets&ei=7S6GSLXULILAigKH4rnxDA
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3486838871531386599&q=supermarket+secrets&ei=7S6GSLXULILAigKH4rnxDA

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 20:06:38 up 214 days, 16:42,  4 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.30, 0.27