Re: [Rival] The Microsoft OOXML Circus and Manipulation in Details

> In article <kyJgk.4508$t32.1443@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > And since the OOXML standard is incomplete, none of these applications
>> > will be able to decode such documents, because the structures of the
>> > "binaries" is still under strict nondisclosure, including terms which
>> > forbid the development of decoders for OSS applications.  Essentially,
>> > Microsoft will get their pound of flesh no matter how much blood they
>> > have to spill to get it.
>>
>> Nah, it would merely force yet another long reverse-engineeing cycle.
>
> No, it wouldn't.  Since Rex is making this up (as usual), it has no real
> world effect.  (And you know this).

Doesn't matter if his details are inaccurate.  OOXML is another format
to deal with, and the binary stuff is certainly a potential issue.

No real-world effect?  Bullshit.

But, it may be that Microsoft will instead turn its attention to ODF:

   I see a number of layers, but the one that makes me sit up straight
   is that I read it that Microsoft intends to take over ODF, if it can.

Arguable, and speculative, of course.

But after the OOXML butt-ramming, any trust I had in regard to Microsoft
is gone.  Everything they propose will be suspect, until proven
otherwise.

--
<NeonKttn> I had a friend stick me in her closet during highschool beacuse I
           wouldn't believe that her boyfriend knew about foreplay...