[News] Early Look at Ubuntu 8.10, KDE 4.x Mockups

A first look at Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| In summary, it’s early days for Intrepid Ibex but it works well even at this
| stage. In fact, it is running sufficiently so that I am writing this very
| post in a Firefox session running on the thing.  It’ll be interesting to see
| how it goes from here and if any more pleasant surprises are visited upon us.
| After the “safety first” approach of Hardy Heron, I suppose that Canonical
| can feel a little more adventurous so we’ll see what comes. In the meantime,
| Here are a few screenshots below for your perusal...
`----

http://technologytales.com/2008/07/20/a-first-look-at-ubuntu-810/

Leaving the mockup phase

,----[ Quote ]
| This works nice so far (it’s already possible to send messages from the input
| line shown in the first screenshot) and I plan to work on eye-candy (e.g.
| animations for changes) and more custom cells (like a clock showing a
| contact’s local time, plasma is all about clocks after all ;-) ) next.
`----

http://nienhueser.de/blog/?p=13

Recent:

Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 2 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| As the Ubuntu developers failed to deliver a Live CD with this alpha version
| (it will be available in Alpha 3), we've tested one of the current daily Live
| builds. Here is the screenshot tour of this second alpha version of Ubuntu
| 8.10...
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-8-10-Alpha-2-Screenshot-Tour-89806.shtml

Ubuntu Intrepid alpha 2 out today

,----[ Quote ]
| Alpha 2 of Ubuntu’s 8.10 Linux operating system is expected to be released
| later today. In an emailed announcement last night, Steve Langasek wrote that
| ISO testing for 8.10, codenamed Intrepid Ibex, had been progressing slower
| than expected. “Usable desktop ISOs have been delivered late [and] we don’t
| yet have a confirmed-good set of ISO images that we can release as an alpha.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2572

Intrepid Ubuntu plans out

,----[ Quote ]
| With Intrepid Ibex, the next version of Ubuntu Linux, just a few months away
| the development team has released details of the most pressing issues for the
| 8.10 release. Among these are better 3G integration, tighter Firefox
| integration in KDE, and faster boot times.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2565

Horny for Ubuntu 8.10: first look at Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| The first alpha release of Ubuntu 8.10, codenamed Intrepid Ibex, was made
| available on Saturday. This preliminary Intrepid prerelease includes updated
| packages, a new version of the Linux kernel, and an experimental new visual
| style.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080629-horny-for-ubuntu-8-10-first-look-at-intrepid-ibex.html

Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the first things to notice about Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 1 is its new theme.
| Originally, Ubuntu 8.04 was supposed to introduce a (much-anticipated) new
| default theme for Ubuntu, but that was pushed back into Intrepid Ibex. The
| theme in Alpha 1 is much different from any previous version of Ubuntu (see
| The Visual History of Ubuntu). There is much browner and the current design
| is a complete overhaul with nearly everything being different aside from the
| background. However, we are only at Alpha 1 and there is still much more work
| left with fine-tuning this theme before it's settled in October.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_810_alpha1&num=1

Ubuntu Linux 8.10

,----[ Quote ]