[News] First Maemo (Debian/GTK) Summit Organised

Join the first Maemo Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| Know more about Nokia's Linux platform and its evolution. Meet the core team,
| 3rd party professional developers and key community contributors. Showcase
| and discuss your work. Learn, share, hack. And have fun!
|
| The Open Source in Mobile World conference is an interesting venue to know
| more about the business and technical context of the Maemo platform. Nokia is
| active in this event and invites the Maemo community to join it. After the
| conference we propose the first Maemo Summit calling to all contributors.
`----

https://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2008

Recent:

Maemo 4.1 bring mail and packaging improvements to Nokia's Linux-based tablets

,----[ Quote ]
| Since Maemo's inception, the team at Nokia has slowly replaced closed
| components with free software alternatives, has made it easier for users to
| install "unapproved" applications, has opened up shell and root access, and
| now is making the system upgrade process function like a traditional desktop
| distro, not a cell phone. With all of the recent acquisitions Nokia has made
| in both the open source and handheld device realm, it will be interesting to
| see where it takes Maemo from here.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/141077

OS2008 Feature Upgrade: reflash your tablet (for the last time?)

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia has published the OS2008 Feature Upgrade for the N810 and N800 Internet
| Tablets. This release is based on Maemo 4.1 (codename Diablo) and provides
| the Seamless Software Update feature.
`----

http://maemo.org/news/announcements/view/os2008_feature_upgrade-reflash_your_tablet-for_the_last_time.html

Related:

Announcing XFCE on the IT

,----[ Quote ]
| Another b-e-a-utiful compiliation from Penguinbait. XFCE is now available for
| the Internet Tablet (Yes, the N770 and N800!).
`----

http://geekpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/09/xfce-on-it_12.html

KDE on the IT

`----