[News] More Free Software (PloneGov) in Italy

Plone: Official launch of PloneGov in Italy

,----[ Quote ]
| The Chamber of Commerce of Ferrara, the first PloneGov Italian member,
| invites 100 representatives from the public sector and open source experts to
| participate to the official launch of PloneGov in Italy on September 16,
| 2008.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/articles/ferrara002

Related:

3 open source e-Government projects merge and launch PloneGov.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source experts from the public sector, community and SME's
| participated in the first Plone e-government international workshop.
|
| [...]
|
| Attendants, equally representing the public sector, Plone community
| and SME's, came from several countries : Belgium, France,
| Switzerland, Spain, Argentina, The Netherlands and Luxemburg.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/6/8/21231

European Grid technology project banks on open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Using the popular Linux open source software, XtreemOS would like to
| become an alternative to its direct rival, the US-based Globus toolkit,
| to become the new de facto standard in this crucial technology.
`----

http://cordis.europa.eu/fetch?CALLER=EN_NEWS&ACTION=D&SESSION=&RCN=27731

PloneGov Snags Lutèce d'Or for Open Source CMS Efforts

,----[ Quote ]
| Toward those ends the PloneGov project yielded a module for ordering
| administrative docs online, a town council management tool that is already in
| use by some cities, a business directory, and local government websites.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/open-source-cms/plonegov-snags-lutece-dor-for-open-source-cms-efforts-001418.php

Italy adopts OpenDocument as a National Standard

,----[ Quote ]
| Italy has adopted The OpenDocument Format (ISO/IEC 23600) as a
| national standard. The decision was made by UNI, the Italian
| Organization for Standardization, which is responsible, under
| appointment from the Italian Government and the EU, to develop,
| approve and publish technical standards in all economic sectors
| (industry, trade and services) except for electric and
| electro-technical ones.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/1/29/13965

Recent:

Commission to MEP: We are able to accept and generate ODF

,----[ Quote ]
| An assistent of Italian MEP Marco Cappato (ALDE) contacted us with the news
| that an answer to a parliament question has arrived.
`----

http://www.digistan.org/forum/t-63113/commission-to-mep:we-are-able-to-accept-and-generate-odf

Italian TV talks about Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| In this video an Italian TV program, NeaPòlis, talks about ubuntu as a very
| stable, high performance and easy to install operative system.
`----

http://www.fsdaily.com/Community/Italian_TV_talks_about_Ubuntu

Telecom Italia Rejects Microsoft IPTV

,----[ Quote ]
| For Microsoft, Telecom Italia's decision is clearly a blow.
`----

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=148327

Linux reaches the Italian Parliament

,----[ Quote ]
| As reported by the Italian newspaper Repubblica on July 10th, 2007, a plan
| suggested by the left deputies Pietro Folena and Franco Grillini to migrate
| all the computers of the Parliament from Windows to Linux was approved by the
| Chamber.
|
| The migration will affect about 3500 boxes of the Chamber, both desktops and
| servers, and each Deputy/Party may also ask to migrate his/its (private)
| computers to the Free System.
`----

http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/blog/linux-docs/italian-parliament-moves-to-linux/

Linux certification comes to Italy

,----[ Quote ]
| A non-profit organization devoted to Linux training and certification has
| established an affiliate organization in Italy.

Free software in free elections

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.palmerini.org/2008/04/06/free-software-in-free-elections/