[News] Review of a Great GNU/Linux Game: ET: Quake Wars

Review: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

,----[ Quote ]
| It also provides a unique platform that allows more casual shooter fans to
| loose a level of intimidation when first jumping to the game.  Yet provides
| enough for veterans of the genre to show their skills, and succeed.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18652/1093/

Linux demo here: http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/180

Faster on Linux than on Windows.

Related:

ATI: Linux vs. Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow! We were completely blown away when our final results came in and the
| Linux 8.42.3 driver had outperformed Windows Vista with Catalyst 7.10 in
| Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. It wasn't just a neck-and-neck race but Linux
| was about 10 frames per second faster when running at 1280 x 1024 and 1680 x
| 1050.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=897&num=3

ET: Quake Wars Threaded Renderer

,----[ Quote ]
| The Enemy Territory: Quake Wars v1.4 Linux update contains this new threaded
| renderer, which depends upon a modified SDL library. According to id
| Software, this threaded renderer will shine on systems with more than two
| cores, so really just quad-core and octal-core systems (for now).
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=971&num=1

Open Source Gaming Review: Linux Gamers Live DVD 0.9.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I like this live dvd of popular free Linux games and I wish the
| absolute best to the developers of the Linux-Gamers.net Live DVD and I want
| to encourage them to continue their work. It’s very, very much appreciated.
| While it’s still got some growing to do, and some bugs to iron out, it really
| has been a very enjoyable distribution to experiment with. I especially like
| the idea that I can take it with me anywhere I go and play some of my
| favorite Linux games, even if the system I’m playing it on doesn’t have
| Linux.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=265

Supergamer VL Developmental Release Available

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17634