[News] More New Linux/FOSS Appliances

Software Appliances: Delivering Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| By using Linux and other open source components we can integrate the
| components together without the issue of license contention, and deliver a
| very cost-effective solution to the marketplace.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/584914_p.htm

Open-source Asterisk appliance takes on Nortel

,----[ Quote ]
| Pika's hardware line, which includes the Appliance for Asterisk and Appliance
| for Linux, is bundled with an open-source platform that will let develops
| tweak the software to their telephony needs.
|
| Features include functionality for up to 75 IP station endpoints, traditional
| telephony features like power failure transfer and on-hold music jacks,
| Ethernet and USB ports, plus an LCD display.
`----

http://www.computerworld.co.ke/articles/2008/06/06/open-source-asterisk-appliance-takes-nortel

The Microsoft puppets from Yankee Group are sadly quoted here.

Open Source Systems Management: Zenoss expands platform support, an interview
with Mark Hinkle

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to BitRock InstallBuilder Zenoss Core is now installable through RPM,
| DEB and point-and-click GUI installers.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/06/04/open-source-systems-management-zenoss-expands-platform-support-an-interview-with-mark-hinkle/
http://tinyurl.com/68dknu

Recent:

SIP application server runs on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Nortel announced a carrier-grade application server aimed at providers of
| broadband SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) voice and other IP-based
| services. The Nortel Adaptive Application Engine (AAE) runs on Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and provides Web 2.0 services such as social
| networking along with IP voice and multimedia, says Nortel.

Linux-based touchpanel targets elderly homecare

,----[ Quote ]