Re: [News] Microsoft May Already Be Brainwashing Children Against FOSS

Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Patents encourage innovation you blithering idiot. It safeguards your
>>> hard work and innovation from scurrilous freeloaders and copycats like
>>> you.
>>>

>> SOME patents
>> Not patents in general
>> The patent system is in the shitter at the moment because of software
>> patents. Something that should NEVER have existed.
>
> I appreciate you might not have ever worked on any R&D in SW, but tell
> me how you would feel if you spent 3 years with a 20 strong team
> creating some new algorithms/processes only to have your competitor copy
> them to their benefit and to your demise?

If you can prove they're copies, that's what the copyright laws are for,
idiot. IF someone does copy the "functionality" using different methods,
fine, they might be less efficient than you in which case you still have the
edge. They might be MORE efficient than you in which case, you've got to
play catchup.

Software patents do nothing but stifle innovation.
--
|                          |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
|  spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|