[News] The Land of Knowledge for Free, Entertainment

The free-knowledge fundamentalist

,----[ Quote ]
| An alternative view is that Mr Wales is still as intellectually curious as
| ever and is looking for a next big thing. He is in his forties now, an age
| that Carl Jung believed to be the “noon of life”, when men, in particular,
| reappraise past achievements and look for new ways to make a contribution. Mr
| Wales wants his to be Wikia, a for-profit company that is separate from
| Wikipedia. He calls it the “uncyclopedia” because he hopes to use wiki
| technology to build “the rest of the library”—books, articles about health
| and hobbies—with no presumption of neutrality.
`----

http://www.economist.com/science/tq/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11484062

Big Buck Bunny, We Want More!

,----[ Quote ]
| I watched Big Buck Bunny yesterday together with my 3-yr old son. While
| Elephant's Dream has a darker storyline, Big Buck Bunny is the complete
| opposite. It is fun-filled, and the characters are indeed very entertaining
| to watch. The movie is actually about a well-tempered rabbit named Big Buck
| who is bullied by three rodents. The fun begins when Big Buck decided to take
| revenge.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/06/big-buck-bunny-we-want-more.html

Recent:

Wikimedia Foundation gets $500,000 donation

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been a good week for the coffers of the Wikimedia Foundation.
|
| On Tuesday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation announced it was giving $3 million
| over three years to the organization that runs Wikipedia.
|
| And on Thursday, top-dog venture capitalist Vinod Khosla and his wife, Neeru,
| said they were going to donate $500,000 to the foundation.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13772_3-9904771-52.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Sloan Foundation gives Wikimedia Foundation $3 million

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13772_3-9903050-52.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20