[News] New Versions of Alien Arena, Win4Lin Desktop

Alien Arena 7.10 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the new features include seven new/rebuilt maps, improved lighting
| and visibility, optimizations for performance increases, map voting system,
| contrast filter, and improvements to the the Galaxy server browser.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feed/137525

VIRTUAL BRIDGES ANNOUNCES MAJOR UPDATE OF WIN4LIN DESKTOP

,----[ Quote ]
| Virtual Bridges, a leading provider of desktop and enterprise virtualization
| solutions for business, announced today the release of a major upgrade to its
| award-winning Win4Lin Desktop product and a specially priced edition for
| Ubuntu users.
`----

http://vbridges.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=1

Related:

Win4Lin Pro Desktop 3.5 review

,----[ Quote ]
| For those who would love to switch to GNU/Linux, but can't do
| without Windows-only programs from companies like Adobe, Corel,
| and Microsoft, Win4Lin is undoubtedly the solution to your dilemma.
| Paired with a good, hassle-free commercial GNU/Linux distribution
| like Xandros, Linspire, or Mandriva, a Windows refugee will have
| everything he needs while keeping his software costs below thep
| rice of a Windows Vista upgrade.
`----

http://www.softwareinreview.com/cms/content/view/64

Windows and Linux brought even closer

,----[ Quote ]
| The Win4Lin Pro 3.5 upgrade includes new functionality, support
| for newer Linux distributions, performance improvements and a
| roll-up of the maintenance releases since Win4Lin Pro 3 which
| was released in May 2006.
|
| Major highlights of Win4Lin 3.5:
| · Support for newer distributions, including Ubuntu Edgy Eft
| · Improved support for Novell SuSE Linux
| · Better laptop support, including transparent support for
|   variable-speed CPUs
|
| [...]
|
| "Win4Lin Pro continues to improve to meet the needs of organizations
| looking for alternatives to the Microsoft Windows status quo" said
| Jim Curtin, president and CEO of Virtual Bridges.
|
| Users are looking for application equivalency in their desktop
| alternatives. Win4Lin Pro and Win4Lin Virtual Desktop Server provide
| the best way to complete the transition without sacrificing
| hard-to-replace legacy Windows applications."
|
| "Win4Lin Pro 3.5 reflects our commitment to current and emerging
| Linux platforms, as well as a solid step forward in robustness and
| usability, said Leo Reiter, CTO, Virtual Bridges. "It is a strong
| evolution of the excellent 3.0 release."
|
| [...]
|
| Win4Lin Pro Desktop was recently picked as the winner in a
| LinuxWorld Magazine face-off review against VMware WorkstationTM
| and was the winner of the prestigious LinuxWorld Expo Award for
| Best Enterprise Integration Product.
`----

http://opensourceblog.itproportal.com/?p=221&page=2

Inquirer helps debug Win4Lin Pro