[News] Google Shows Its Linux Wares

Patrick Brady dissects Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Patrick Brady of Google’s partner group provided a detailed technical tour of
| the internals of the Android platform during his recent talk at Google I/O
| 2008 titled “Anatomy and Physiology of an Android”. Topics included Linux
| kernel
| enhancements, the Bionic library (Google’s slimmed down version of libc),
| Android functional and runtime libraries, native servers, and more.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=584

Recent:

Google Exec: Android To Beat iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| Rich Miner even went after Apple's handheld darling.  "Once you have devices
| out there from Motorola, HTC, Samsung, and so on, there's a much larger
| potential market on Android than for the iPhone," he said.  "[T]here's a
| single manufacturer, it's targeted at a particular demographic, and it falls
| far short of the 1 billion mobile phones sold every year worldwide."
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/03/17/google-exec-android-to-beat-iphone

iPhone vs. Android : An Open Source Devs Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Andrea Gazzaniga, software development manager at mobile open
| source vendor Funambol the answer is not entirely clear. In a rambling
| overflow presentation at AjaxWorld's iPhone Sumitt, Gazzaniga attempted to
| outline the differences and similiaraties between iPhone and Android.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/03/iphone-vs-android-an-open-sour.html

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

`----