Re: [News] Eee PC (Also with Linux) Expected to Gain Momentum

On 2008-06-03, DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jerry McBride wrote:
>
>> I'm yearning for the day that someone (an OEM) puts
>> coreboot/linuxbios into a laptop or motherboard... That's the day I
>> do some serious hardware upgrades! Imagine turning on your laptop and
>> have KDE ready to use  in just a few seconds... Awesome.
>

> When I complain about slow OpenOffice launch times or slow boot times, a
> dozen cola hostiles dismiss it.

    Perhaps because OO launches pretty much instanteously from the point
of view of a real end user rather than some Troll with an axe to grind.

    XP power management more often than not makes me reach for the off
switch. It's more efficient just to restart the machine than to wait
for XP to figure itself out ( Fiesty vs. XP ).

--
     Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||