[News] Knowledge Set Free with Open Source Principles, Code

Yes, I'm Free, Said The Open Source Software Idea

,----[ Quote ]
| A new day took it's dawn and the idea, called by the name Open Source chose
| to connect with the well-known name Netscape. Netscape embraced the idea and
| willingly let its source code open up. That was the intention of the idea and
| the idea continued to grow, strengthened by conquering a new name. The name
| it conquered was Netscape.
|
| Now many years have passed and the idea has grown old in age but maintaining
| its youthful essence by attracting more people and more names to itself. It
| has become mainstream. It has become large. It has become worldwide.
`----

http://www.informativepost.com/2008/06/01/Yes-Im-Free-Said-The-Open-Source-Software-Idea-821.htm

Open source even in The Independent:

Andrew Keen on New Media

,----[ Quote ]
| The knowledge business is getting wikified. Last week I was at Balliol
| College at Oxford University with Wikipedia co-founder Dr Larry Sanger to
| debate the proposition that "the internet is the future of knowledge". And we
| agreed that today's open-source internet – with its user-generated wikis and
| blogs – was indeed radically democratising the way in which knowledge is now
| being created and distributed.
|
| [...]
|
| The peer-to-peer production of open-source information is increasingly
| becoming mainstream. Even traditional knowledge companies are integrating Web
| 2.0 tools like wikis, podcasts and blogs into their business and media
| strategies.
`----

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/andrew-keen-on-new-media-837997.html

Recent:

Ideas Are Everywhere... So Why Do We Limit Them?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20080507/0114581051.shtml