[News] More Asus and GNU/Linux News (Desktop Eee PC Out Tomorrow)

Asus offers £10 high-capacity battery upgrade for Eee PC 900

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus has finally decided to throw a bone to Eee PC 900 buyers who are unhappy
| that their laptops came with a smaller battery than expected.
|
| [...]
|
| Asus has also released a BIOS update that it claims will extend battery life
| by 30 minutes or so. Version 0601 of the BIOS update is available to download
| from the Asus support website.
`----

http://www.mobilecomputermag.co.uk/20080530531/asus-offers-10-high-capacity-battery-upgrade-for-eee-pc-900.html

Asus laptops get ‘instant-on Linux’

,----[ Quote ]
| The Splashtop OS, which Asus rebrands as Express Gate, consist of a
| proprietary real-time ‘core engine’ called by the notebook’s BIOS, atop which
| sits a highly customised Linux stack
`----

http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=2318

Asus to launch laptops with Linux Net software

,----[ Quote ]
| Asustek plans to equip its laptop PCs with Linux software that allows fast
| access to the Internet and multimedia files.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=2015115267&rid=-50

Tiny laptops easy to tote around

,----[ Quote ]
| The $550 Eee 900 is made by Asus, a Taiwanese firm that has evolved from
| component-maker to system designer.
|
| The Mini-Note 2133 is marketed by Hewlett-Packard of Palo Alto and is priced
| from $499 to $789, depending on configuration.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/01/BUJ1110N44.DTL

Recent:

Asus to release desktop Eee PC on June 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this year, riding high on the success of its ultra-portable Eee PC,
| Asus revealed plans to launch a whole family of Eee products including a
| small form-factor desktop machine dubbed the E-DT.
`----

http://www.techspot.com/news/30191-asus-to-release-desktop-eee-pc-on-june-3.html

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

`----