[News] Free Software Goes Mainstream, Women Leaders Join

Open source is entering the enterprise mainstream

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source is perhaps the most innovative origin in the market since its
| inception which is probably challenging the way the conventional software
| market existed. What symbolizes its efficacy is its ability to adapt and
| customize towards numerous applications in demand and thus totally
| revolutionalizing the market dominance and perhaps the best ever acknowledged
| trait of easy affordability.
`----

http://www.itvoir.com/portal/boxx/knowledgebase.asp?iid=779&Cat=23

Women in Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| We here at Pingdom have been talking about why we don’t see that many women
| in Open Source, and were actually about to investigate it further and
| possibly write a blog post about it.
`----

http://royal.pingdom.com/?p=308

Related:

GNU/Linux distro for women? Why not?

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's face it: As Tim Berners-Lee pointed out recently, the male geek culture
| can be an intimidating place. Hell, it still intimidates me sometimes, since,
| although I'm male, my degree was in English and communications rather than
| computer science. You only have to browse the archives of a mailing list for
| LinuxChix or any other woman's group to encounter horror stories.
| Experienced, qualified women finding their opinions ignored, women unable to
| attend a professional gathering without being hit upon, misogynistic slurs --
| the list goes on and on (and you'll probably see some examples of such things
| in the comments about this story).
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119488

Linux distro for women? Thanks, but no thanks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119489