[News] Wii Owner Takes Control of Console with GNU/Linux

Linux on a Wii

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I played around a bit with the stuff done by the Wii homebrew/hacking
| community, which is far more advanced than I had expected.

Linux Distributions explained for Windows Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is cool, Linux is fun and best of all Linux is made by the users, not
| by a company. If you don’t like something, you can change it. If you have an
| idea, submit it!

Want to Run Linux on Your Nintendo Wii?

,----[ Quote ]
| You'll need a GameCube SD card adapter, a 1GB (or higher) SD card, a copy of
| Zelda (for the Wii), and of course, a Nintendo Wii itself. Next, you'll need
| to make sure your version of Zelda is one of the anointed -- apparently not
| all copies of Zelda are created equal. Finally, you'll have to do a bunch of
| extracting, copying, renaming, deleting, saving, etc., load the game, load a
| hacked save file and actually talk to a guy in-game to trigger the loader,
| which drops you out to a black and white screen, at which point you get to
| have fun figuring out how to load Linux itself.

Wii Been Hacked! Runs Cutest Linux Ever!

,----[ Quote ]
| We all knew it was just a matter of time, but now we have video evidence. The
| Wii has been totally haxored! That's right, just check out the video below
| and take a look at what these guys have accomplished. In all honestly, about
| half of what they say is Greek to me, but I'm impressed with the final result
| nonetheless.

Nintendo Wii fully hacked for native homebrew

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wii was compromised pretty early on to be able to play burned discs and
| GameCube homebrew such as Linux, but until now Nintendo has managed to
| isolate Wii hardware such as the extra horsepower of the console and wireless
| connectivity from hackers. But the walls are coming down. Some hackers from
| Germany have just showed off their fully hacked Wii at the 24th Annual Chaos
| Communication Congress.

Linux 3D graphics access on PS3 found

,----[ Quote ]