[News] 6 GNU/Linux Distros Released: OpenSUSE, Zenwalk, LiveCD Router, K-DEMar, Kurumin, MaX

  • Subject: [News] 6 GNU/Linux Distros Released: OpenSUSE, Zenwalk, LiveCD Router, K-DEMar, Kurumin, MaX
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:51:09 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

OpenSuse 11.0 ups challenge

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenSuse development team will today release version 11.0 of its open
| source operating system, an OS that could well be seen as the biggest threat
| to Ubuntu Linux domination. Faster installations, better package management
| and top-notch multimedia support are just some of the things that make
| OpenSuse a significant release.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2503

Releases : Zenwalk Live 5.2 is ready!

,----[ Quote ]
| Zenwalk Live 5.2, the latest Zenwalk in its Live CD format is ready!
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=84

Linux LiveCD Router [version 2.0.29 released]

http://www.wifi.com.ar/english/cdrouter/

K-DEMar GNU/Linux [4.5.1 released]

http://www.k-demar.org/component/remository/?func=fileinfo&id=30

[Kurumin 8.06]

http://www.gdhpress.com.br/kurumin/

[MaX 4.0]

http://www.educa.madrid.org/web/madrid_linux/index.html

"We should whack them (Dell over Linux dealings), we should make sure they
understand our value."

        --Paul Flessner, Senior Vice President, Server Applications Unit