[News] [Rival] Microsoft Keeps Falling in Search Market

May Search Market Share: Nothing But Google

,----[ Quote ]
| This includes even MSN/Live where the losses are even more pronounced when
| you fold in the decline in Club Live generated queries.
`----

http://blog.compete.com/2008/06/17/search-market-share-may-google-club-live-msn-yahoo-ask-aol/

Recent:

Microsoft's new tack: Bribery as a business model

,----[ Quote ]
| But truth be told, it's not the worst idea. What's the harm in giving it a
| shot? In a recession--or whatever you want to call the current economic
| malaise in the United States--consumers are open to bribes (oh, I forgot:
| rebates). So why not see if this strikes the people's fancy? But this is only
| a holding action. The reason more people use Google's search is the user
| experience. It works better, so they keep returning. Microsoft CEO Steve
| Ballmer knows this.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10787_3-9949286-60.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Related:

Microsoft funding bankrupt Live Search experiment with porn spam

,----[ Quote ]
| Dear reader, please tell me: what do you think of a search engine that steals
| (bandwidth and AdSense revenue), lies, spams away, and is not clever enough
| to stop their criminal activities when they’re caught?
|
| Recently a Live Search rep whined in an interview because so many robots.txt
| files out there block their crawler...
`----

http://sebastians-pamphlets.com/microsoft-live-search-the-downfall-of-a-tiny-search-engine/

Microsoft’s Club Live fiasco

,----[ Quote ]
| People were using the macro on more than 3 games at a time, on more than 2
| accounts at a time, why Microsoft didn’t pick up on the fact that in the
| first few days some people had accumulated enough for 3 Zunes each is beyond
| us. Some were lucky, others, not so much.
|
| [...]
|
| So far no one has been banned from using their accounts, which they needed to
| sign up, probably because they did not break any laws, or probably because
| Microsoft didn’t want that hassle and liked their new found traffic.
`----

http://www.blogthe.net/2007/07/16/microsofts-club-live-fiasco/

Bots Helped To Boost Microsoft Live Search Gains

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201001092