[News] Microsoft Grilled on Use of Illegal Intellectual Monopolies Against #1 Rival

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Grilled on Use of Illegal Intellectual Monopolies Against #1 Rival
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:26:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft answers interoperability concerns

,----[ Quote ]
| There has been some concern that GPL implementations of material covered by
| Microsoft's Open Specification Promise are prohibited. Microsoft could
| resolve this with a clear statement that GPL implementations are OK. Why
| hasn't it?
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft made it clear last year that it wanted to encumber the open source
| communities with patent royalties. Do you expect that Microsoft sponsored
| standards will tend to be covered by Microsoft patents? CNN's senior editor
| said: "If the company gets its way, free software won't be free anymore." is
| this an accurate claim?
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;983466358;pp;4;fp;16;fpid;1

Microsoft Responds to Interoperability Concerns

,----[ Quote ]
| He also gives a painfully polished response to CNN's senior editor's claims
| that the company is trying to eliminate free software.Typical Microsoft PR
| response to tough questions, but interesting nonetheless....
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/19878

Microsoft, DOJ issue status report on interoperability compliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, 49 companies have licensed patents for the communications protocols
| since the final judgment, with 36 of the companies signing aboard for a
| royalty bearing license.
|
| [...]
|
| To date the interoperability labs, which are offered free to MCPP licensees
| at its Microsoft Engineering Center, Microsoft completed an interoperability
| lab with one licensee in March and another in May.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9971733-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

The criminals from Redmond still try to rewrite laws and buy some laws to
illegalise competition. The Commission (and now China too) is hopefully
watching this corruption.

Recent:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

`----