[News] GNU/Linux in the Czech Republic: Story of a Large Migration

Open source tour of Europe: Czech Republic

,----[ Quote ]
| 2004 also saw the migration of Czech Post to Linux for 4,000 servers at 3,400
| post offices across the country, as well as at 12,000 client terminals used
| by 20,000 employees.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/06/17/open-source-tour-of-europe-czech-republic/
http://tinyurl.com/5evqvy

See the links below. It's suspected that Microsoft corrupted the Czech
Republic's authorities for OOXML support.

Recent:

Microsoft Launches OnMyWay

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has just launched a program called OnMyWay, by which Microsoft will
| offer training and financial help to young people.
|
| [...]
|
| I have a working theory for your consideration. I noticed something striking.
| While the ads are being run so far only in those four countries, and it's
| supposed to be a global branding campaign, if you look at who is on the list
| of those who have gotten help from the program already, you see groups from
| the UK, the Czech Republic, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland and
| Italy. I took a look at how each country on this list voted on OOXML in
| March.
|
| The Czech Republic, the UK, Germany, Denmark, Finland and Norway all voted to
| approve OOXML.
|
| This was a change for each of them. In September, the Czech Republic, the UK,
| Denmark, and Norway had voted to disapprove, so this was a change in
| Microsoft's favor. Finland abstained in September, and it voted to approve in
| March as well.

Microsoft intensifies anti-piracy measures

,----[ Quote ]
| While some businesses have learned the hard way that using pirated or
| counterfeit software is no laughing matter — by staring at a blank screen —
| others have started to look into alternative solutions. Linux, a free,
| open-source operating system that exists in numerous iterations, is a popular
| alternative.
`----

http://www.praguepost.com/articles/2008/05/07/microsoft-intensifies-anti-piracy-measures.php

Microsoft, Czech Republic Sign Pact On Licensing And Supply

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200805221553DOWJONESDJONLINE000914_FORTUNE5.htm