[News] Ubuntu Welcomes New Users with 101 Videos

Ubuntu Developer Channel: Packaging 101 Video

| Well folks, the Ubuntu Developer Channel continues to get crammed with
| goodness, and I am pleased to announce another MOTU video - Packaging 101
| Part 1 and Part 2.
|
| [...]
|

| Videos will be uploaded in Ogg Theora format here as they are released. The
| videos above are not there yet - they are being encoded, but should be there
| over the next few days.
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/?p=1197

Time to Switch to Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Verdict: Linux has come a long way since I tried some of the earlier versions
| and I’m certainly impressed. While I’m not completely sold yet, there’s a
| very good chance I’ll be installing Ubuntu on my laptop and trying it out for
| a while dual-booted with my Windows XP.
`----

http://www.mind-manual.com/blog/index.php/2008/06/12/time-to-switch-to-linux/

Recent:

Ubuntu Brainstorm Update

,----[ Quote ]
| Four amazing days have passed since the launch of brainstorm.ubuntu.com, and
| all we can say is Whoah! A couple of numbers:
|
|     * 10,000 registered users
|     * 2700 ideas (in comparison, Dell Ideastorm has 9000 ideas)
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1365

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

`----