Re: [News] European Championship Site Exploited to Pass the Windows Silverfish Virus

Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> Using the European championship to spread malware
>
> Following the links, I ended up here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/resources/install.aspx?mode=sysreq&reason=unsupportedplatform
>
> ######
> You have chosen to open
> Silverlight.exe
> which is a: [EXE file]
> from http://sliverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com
>
> What should Firefox do with this file?
>
> . Save to Disc
> . Eat it
> . Perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death
> . Beat senseless with a large hammer
> . Use it to conquer planet earth
> ######
>

> Oh well, there's always Moonlight.
>
>> Shining Some Light on Microsoft's Moonlight Covenant
>
> Or maybe not...

Yeah, maybe not.  Still, anyone in the EU with a mythtv box will be able
to record all the matches and watch them at their leisure.  I'm sure
that eurosport will show them later, too.  As England didn't qualify
(thanks to all the buffoons who thought that there was an English
manager up to the job - hope you've learnt better now), I'm not that
interested this time.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |