Re: [News] Canonical's Latest Product Could Bring More Open Source Drivers

Homer wrote:

Canonical wants Netbook partners to open drivers for Ubuntu

They should start by ripping out the "officially licensed" proprietary
media codecs first, and promoting the Free Software equivalents instead.

They do look like hypocrites when they do that. I think the problem with Ubuntu is that they're trying to be all things to all people. They've tried appealing to the FSF, but Shuttleworth still can't decide whether he wants to run an "open source" or "free software" company.