[News] [Rival] Microsoft's 'Fan Press': Ruin Industry Before Antitrust Regulators Come

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's 'Fan Press': Ruin Industry Before Antitrust Regulators Come
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:54:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's Anti-Google Survival Guide

,----[ Quote ]
| You want to compete with Google. Aggressively going after Yahoo! shows that
| you're smart enough to know you can't do it alone. Go on a shopping spree
| now, before antitrust regulators close down the mall.
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2008/06/13/microsofts-anti-google-survival-guide.aspx

Lcukily, Microsoft's press seems to be collapsing. Maybe it should beg for
Gates-Microsoft Fundation donations in exchange for good publicity.

JOB FOR 'FAKE STEVE JOBS'

,----[ Quote ]
| Aside from Lyons' departure, it looks like there's a mini-stampede for the
| exits at Forbes.
`----

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06132008/business/job_for_fake_steve_jobs_115354.htm?page=1

Good riddance.

Related:

"Fake Steve Jobs" is Daniel Lyons, in case anyone wants to sue

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe we should be, since this is the man who wrote about the "evils" of
| anonymous blogging in  "Attack of the Blogs", where he said that blogs
| are “the prized platform of an online lynch mob spouting liberty but spewing
| lies, libel and invective.”
|
| Um. Dude. Talk about world class hypocrisy.

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/61BE28FC-FCFF-4997-9CCC-B3E215B3D153.html

More on Troy Wolverton, the Street, and Apple Scandal

,----[ Quote ]
| MediaNews did buy the Mercury News with a loan from Bill Gates' foundation,
| and is in the process of paying back that loan by publishing information
| without much journalistic or technical integrity.
|
| Specifically, I wrote “One might think that the San Jose Mercury News, being
| located in Apple's backyard, would tend to trumpet the company's success. One
| would be wrong... Apple's corporate proximity to San Jose is trumped by the
| Mercury News’ need to publish low cost, highly sensational news to make
| enough money to pay back Bill Gates for the favor of his humanitarian loan.”
`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/082663E0-6FD8-4F1D-909F-1BC72833AD02.html

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

,----[ Quote ]
| $350 million to MediaNews
|
| [...]
|
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

What happened to the guts?

,----[ Quote ]

`----