[News] [Rival] Malware Armageddon Approaches, Expect Another Microsoft Profit Dive

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Malware Armageddon Approaches, Expect Another Microsoft Profit Dive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:26:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ransomware: Malware Armageddon approaches

,----[ Quote ]
| "Your files are encrypted with RSA-1024 algorithm.
| To recovery your files you need to buy our decryptor.
| To buy decrypting tool contact us at: ********@yahoo.com"
|
| That's right, ransomware is back and it promises to be nastier than ever.
|
| This newest way of holding your PC at hostage was discovered by anti-virus
| and malware company Kaspersky Lab. This new piece of malware crap is the
| latest variant of the venerable Windows-based encryptor virus Gpcode.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/ransomware_malware_armageddon_approaches

Vista Woes Could Hurt Microsoft's Revenue, Analysts Say

,----[ Quote ]
| The negative perception of Windows Vista may be catching up to Microsoft in
| the bank. On Wednesday a financial analyst firm lowered its revenue estimate
| for Microsoft's 2008 and 2009 fiscal years, citing a negative perception
| about the OS that is affecting its adoption by businesses.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146993/vista_woes_could_hurt_microsofts_revenue_analysts_say.html

Microsoft is a mare. And it's surrounded by angry animals and taken over by
viruses. No wonder all the top managers leave the company.

Recent:

Microsoft sees slide in profits