[News] Firefox Eats Microsoft Market Share, Version 3.0 Out Any Moment

Firefox Keeps Nipping at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| I find it faster than Internet Explorer and, except for a built-in Google
| (GOOG) search box, blessedly free of attempts to sell things or steer me to
| third-party services of its choice rather than mine.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_25/b4089000846750.htm

All systems are go for Firefox 3 launch; RC3 needed for Mac OSX only

,----[ Quote ]
| That’s the word from Mozilla’s Firefox group, which held today what may be
| the final pre-release meeting for the much anticipated Firefox 3. Apparently,
| the Apple update causes the browser to hang. RC3 for Mac OSX  is being built
| and the update is expected to go live tomorrow, according to Mozilla.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2531

Firefox 3 new features walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox continues to prove with release after release why it's the best
| browser on the market. With Firefox 3 coming out soon (it's been in beta for
| about eight months now), the development team was nice enough to put together
| a short video showing off the new features that will appear in Firefox 3 when
| the final version ships sometime this month.
`----

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/94479

about:mozilla - Firefox 3 RC2, Governance, Accessibility, Bugdays, Acid3,
T-shirts, and more…

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/06/10/aboutmozilla-firefox-3-rc2-governance-accessibility-bugdays-acid3-t-shirts-and-more/

Related:

Firefox Set Free in IceWeasel

,----[ Quote ]
| One possible outcome is that Debian developers just rename Firefox to
| something else. Another possibility is that they just use GNU's
| IceWeasel.

Iceweasel released from its cage

,----[ Quote ]
| There are still a few branding issues to sort out, but I'll try to get
| them fixed over the next couple of days.
`----

http://ze-dinosaur.livejournal.com/15020.html

Need FF2 in Hardy? Try GNU’s IceCat.

,----[ Quote ]